Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Kezia's 3rd Birthday Party

My baby girl turned three last weekend. She has never really had much of a fuss made over her birthday before so this year, since she actually has some friends whom she loves and talks about, I thought I'd go for it and throw her a party.
Her request was a Winnie the Pooh cake. I thought this was a little random, because we don't have any Winnie the Pooh toys, and other than one VHS movie that she has watched a total of about 5 times in her life, we haven't really had any Pooh talk. So I questioned her commitment to this request at first. But then, when Colin and I talked about it, we realized that he favorite sippy cup is Winnie the Pooh (she calls him "Mrs. the Pooh"), and the potty seat at Oma and Opa's is Winnie the Pooh, as well as the dishes that we serve almost every meal to her on. So I conceded and started googling Winnie the Pooh Cakes. Here's what I came up with:
 Then I made "hunny" pot loot bags, for the kids to fill with the treats from the Pooh pinata.
 As it turned out, Kezia was afraid of the Pooh, Tiger, and 'Roo candles I found.
 And after everyone clapped, she told everyone to be quiet because her cousin baby Mackenzie was sleeping upstairs.
 Thankfully Mackenzie woke up in time to receive a little sticker decorations from her cousins. ; )

 Happy Birthday my sweet girl. You are so smart and funny. We love you very much!



No comments:

Post a Comment