Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Eva's Barbie Party

So my Eva is 6. She is a girly girl and she loves Barbie's. For some time, I resisted the Barbie craze. I was never into them as a girl, so I didn't feel the need to invest in them for Eva. It became clear though, that this obsession with fashion and hair wasn't going anywhere. And really, just because I wasn't into it (Barbie's, fashion, nor hair) doesn't mean that she shouldn't be allowed to. We talked about the anatomically incorrectness of Barbie, and then I caved. I threw her a Barbie party!
Sign for the Door.

Welcome activity- Fruit Loop Necklace! Always a hit. = )

A great dollar store find, of pin the tail on the donkey, except it was stick the jewel on Barbie's necklace.
We had a little round of "Barbie, Barbie, Ken" aka Duck, Duck, Goose.

Each girl made a doll craft. This is Eva, and it got wrecked by an over zealous gluing sister.

Blowing out 6 candle's!

 I really had a great time, being with Eva and her friends. We only had 6 girls (aged 6-9) and they were so lovely, all of them: so kind, so polite, and easy going and silly. I was so happy for Eva to know that she has such good quality friends in her life! Hopefully it can stay that way!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill!
    Thanks so much for sharing this! Keira had a great time and was so happy to be a part of Eva's special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on the blog, Jill... Boy, you are soooo creative - I'm impressed! Your kids are going to have such wonderful memories of these special times.

    -Julee

    ReplyDelete