Pages

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Legoland- or so they thought!

Friday was a "not so productive" homeschooling morning. It was filled with resistance to any sort of school-work related request. The day before had been a great success, I had planned a scavenger hunt and they were all very excited about it. So when there were no over the top activities planned this particular morning- they flat out refused to co-operate. So rather than fight all day, I managed to squeeze just enough effort out of them to justify a trip to the new Lego store at Oakridge-
and boy was I glad I did. It turned out to be "the best day of my life!" - Theo.
A picture from the line-up. 



 I actually didn't get any photos from inside the store because it was so packed in there. I went straight to the check-out line up, because there were only a few t-shirts left, and I was darn well going to get one! After we got our free (with purchase T-shirt), we went to the R2D2 building area.

The kids got to build a block...

by following a direction sheet...

(The block)

that then got put into piles, to contribute to the 8ft tall R2D2 that was being constructed right before our eyes.

Here you can see the example one, sitting on top of the 8ft one in progress.
After they contributed to the R2D2, they received certificates.





Then as soon as we arrived home, they ripped open the "special" obligatory Lego set and cooperatively assembled it. This moment - right here- was worth the hour long line-up!
The kids were so appreciative- which is not always the case so it will definitely be a day I remember. They were so cute how they thought it was Legoland- even when I explained that it wasn't. It may just be the closest they ever get to Legoland- so we'll take what we can get ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment