Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Green Christmas


Last Christmas, while I was up into the wee hours of the morning wrapping and labelling gifts I decided there had to be a better way. I dreamt up a plan to make Christmas Sacs!
 This year, I was on the ball and took the family to Fabricana in November. They were all allowed to choose their favourite Christmas fabric. Then the pressure was on to figure out how to make these Christmas Sacs. I haven't sewn since grade 8 Home Economics class. I don't even have a sewing machine- (I'd be willing to store yours for you though if you have one collecting dust in your basement!) But I was determined. I did some internet searching and found this awesome site: Riley Blake Designs. Then I asked my mom for a quick refresher on how to thread the machine, and was off with my project. If it weren't for the countless hours of babysitting that my parents did, and the use of my mom's machine- these sacs would not exist. THANKS MOM and DAD!!!!
Don't look closely or you will see all the flaws.

Here I am with the first complete sac. It is the largest one of Eva's fabric.

Here they are on Christmas morning under the tree.
The problem was that I had no labels for them, and the tape I used did not stick very well.
So after the presents were all opened, I decided to make a project of it. I enlisted the troops to cut, stamp, colour, laminate and hole punch our new reusable gift tags.




The final products. I am SO excited for next year when I will get to use the tags too!


No comments:

Post a Comment