Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Theo's first solo Ikea project!

At church a couple of weeks ago, one of the pastors talked about (as a child) how meaningful it was for him, when his father invited him to help with the assembly of an Ikea bookshelf. He noted that like our Heavenly Father, his earthy father, didn't actually NEED his help, but that when it was offered- he was so very keen. So when we purchased a simple Ikea book shelf, I thought what an opportunity for our son. I gave him the instructions, and set him loose. It was a little bit hard for me to give up control, as I very much enjoy assembling Ikea furniture- but the reward was priceless. Theo was pooped by the end of it- tightening those Alan keys is exhausting- but he felt pretty accomplished. I might be out of a job soon!





1 comment:

  1. What an awesome project! Way to go Theo!!! You'll have to hire him out now...

    I know what you mean about liking assembling Ikea things. I feel the same way about lego, but *sniff* my kids don't require my help with lego anymore...

    ReplyDelete