Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Muddy Jacket...

So this afternoon, we had nice family stroll along the beach- in the freezing cold weather. We drove down to Brock House, parked and then walked along the path, visited the ducks, said hello to all the dogs (I hate animals), and all the people ( I hate people- well not really I just thought that would be funny if I did). Joseph actually saw a lively young couple walking along, and ran ahead to walk beside them for like 10 feet- talking away to them. They were looking for where his parents were of course... So we reclaimed the kids and were walking hand in hand for a while. Anyways, 30 minutes into the walk and we're all freezing because Mary walks too slow and doesn't want to be carried. We're loading the kids in the car, and I see mud ALL over the front of Joseph's jacket. I said, "Joe- why is there mud all over your jacket?" "What were you doing?" "What were you thinking?"He replied, "I was trying to get it off my hands." At which point I started to notice a foul smell. I put my nose a little closer to his jacket- and sure enough it was poo. Thankfully, when you have kids, you generally have some sort of sterilizing / cleaning device with you at all times, so the box of wipes came in handy! Thankfully the jacket was wipeable not cloth. Disclaimer- hate is a strong word. For all you animal lovers, I don't actually HATE them. I just prefer not to hang out with them, if I have the choice. But I have lots of circumstances to explain my feelings, such as being bit by a dog, and a parrot, flown into by an owl etc.... not to mention the allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment