Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

The New IKEA

We were lucky enough, to be one of the 5,000 people invited to the pre-opening of the brand new Ikea store! Wow- is it ever GINORMOUS! Seriously, it was somewhat over whelming.



I must admit, I quite liked the old Ikea. I knew where everything was, I knew all the short cuts, I could get in and our with all three kids in no time- if I needed to. Or I could check the older ones into the familiar play room- and browse with Kezia.

Anyways, we were lucky enough to get into the new playroom right away- where the kids got to try out the brand new ball room- before any other kids were able to puke, spit, pee, or cough all over them! = )
There are now two drop-off / pick-up windows to choose from, and definitely some routines for the staff to work out as the space for kid exchange is so much bigger! The whole area was very kid friendly, and had a warm and inviting zoo /nature theme to it. I wanted to go play! There is also now a space for the kids to put on shoes etc. outside which is nice.

The cafeteria is massive. I swear to you, it felt like the cafeteria alone was the size of the whole upper floor in the old building. You'd have to have GPS in your phone to be able to meet a friend in there!
The family friendly area....

had lots of little seats.

There are two different access lines to the kitchen now, and they had these amazing carts that can hold up to three trays!  Sorry no picture of the amazing cart, you'll have to go check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment