Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

First Day of School !

Eva's first day of Kindergarten!



This morning started out with lots of excitement for the first day of school. Everyone was up bright and early as usual. The lunches were packed, we were on to the finishing touches, of teeth, hair, and shoes, when Eva said, "Yuck mom- poo!" Sure enough my (2 weeks free of accidents) pottly trained 2 year old, had pooed on the floor. Thankfully it was on the lino. but still...she tried to clean it up her self with the hand towel from the washroom, and in that process got it all over her feet and hands.

After a stinky clean up where I had to hold back my gagging we were on the road to school. "Hey I thought you homeschooled?" - you may ask. Well we are actually enrolled in a Distributed Learning (DL) program. I don't feel comfortable naming it online, especially since my kids are no longer under sudo names, so if you want to know just leave me a comment.

Anyways, the program is AMAZING. The kids get to go to a public school once or twice a week if you choose to attend. There are tons of awesome field trips planned, there is a resource room filled with teaching aids, games, books etc. I feel like we are getting the best of both worlds. My children still have to listen to and be accountable to a teacher other than me, they get to hang with other homeschooled children, and yet I still get to be with them and teach them the majority of the time. Having them attend school gives us all the opportunity to enjoy a break from each other. I get a chance to get some errands done with only one child- (PURE BLISS), and I get some nice one on one time with Kezia.
So today after a few errands, I took my youngest out for lunch...
This is her new attempt at a smile. Funny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment