Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Marvelous Monday !

Yesterday my heart just sang pretty much the whole day.
The night before I had left a little message on the white board for the kids, along with a "Shape of The Day". I left their Journals out on the table with pencils and erasers.
When I came down, it appeared as though the message had been read, but there was definitely no sign of journalism. We had breakfast together, tidied up breakfast, and then had a morning devotional time. We learned that the words we say to one and other can either make their water cups dirty or help to purify the water! We prayed, and talked about how we can use kind words with eachother today. Then we got straight to the journals!
On Sunday, we had participated in the Terry Fox Run and been to the Cannery so there was lots to write and draw about.


Writing is a sore spot for Theo. There has ALWAYS been a battle whenever I ask him to write anything! But not on Monday- he was eager and willing. I was so happy, I was nervous to say anything because I didn't want to jinx the moment. Eva happily drew her picture, but wanted me to scribe for her. She didn't have too much to say so that was easy enough. And then there was Kezia. She of course wants to do EVERYTHING that the big kids are doing so, she drew in her book too.

This was my happy moment. She drew her first Smartie person! During an art class in my B. Education we learned the developmental stages of drawing people and this is the first one folks- Smartie people, where the arms and legs both stem out of the head! I LOVE IT!!! I almost forgot, another Happy Happy Moment- my Eva read her first sentence, with ease! Heart swells up with joy, as both me and her brother are there with her to celebrate!

There was snack and lunch in the mix and then some math and spelling- all of which were met with joy (not always the case). There were puppy plays, colouring princesses and Lego of course. The day was topped off with an impromptu gathering at the park with other homeschooling families. The sun was shining, the kids were playing, the mom's were chatting and all was right in our worlds. A Marvelous Monday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment